This is our chicken pot pie recipes – easy, healthy & yummy” definitely you will like it. We have provided you guys with the best chicken pot pie recipes and baking method as well. So, if you have been searching for the best and yummy homemade chicken pot pie recipes” then, this article got you covered. All the necessary requirements needed to bake a sweet and healthy chicken pot pie, has been written down here already.
Simple Chicken Pot Pie Recipes – Easy, Healthy & Yummy
- 2 sheets pie crust refrigerated, pre-made
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c half and half or whole milk
- 2.5 c chicken precooked, diced into small bite size pieces
- 3 c mixed vegetables frozen
- 1 egg beaten, optional for egg wash on top to brown
How To Prepare Chicken Pot Pie Recipes
- In a pan on your stovetop, heat the oil and saute onion just until soft, then add garlic and all of the spices and cook 2 minutes.
- Next, add the flour and mix into ingredients and cook for 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Pour in the broth and stir until there are no flour lumps (just the onion & garlic bits).
- Next add the milk and stir until well mixed.
- Add the vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes to break up any lumps of them frozen together, then mix in the chicken and simmer under medium low heat until the sauce has thickened to a thick sauce, it’s about 8 minutes cooking time.
- Remove from heat and set filling aside to cool to room temp.
- In the meantime, spray your pie dish with cooking spray, lay out one of the pie sheets into the bottom of your pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 420F. Once the filling has cooled down pour it into the pie dish and smooth out to make it even. Carefully lay the 2nd pie sheet/dough over the filling.
- Pinch it into the bottom pie dough to seal it together.
- Brush the pie with the lightly beaten egg.
- Use a sharp knife to cut an X in the center of the pie to release steam whilst baking.
- Put on a baking tray and bake in the center of oven for 30 minutes or until the pie is nice and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
chicken pot pie recipe easy, chicken pot pie recipe with potatoes, chicken pot pie recipe with biscuits, chicken pot pie recipe with cream of chicken soup. chicken pot pie recipe with puff pastry, chicken pot pie recipe pioneer woman, chicken pot pie recipe bisquick, chicken pot pie recipe ina garten.