There’s no doubt, you have been wanting to see the best Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe ( Pão de Queijo ). Right? Search no further! This article provides you with all the relevant procedures to follow and make a yummy Brazilian cheese bread.
Few months back, my neice “Antônia” came to spend her holidays here in United States. A week after, she requested for authentic Brazilian cheese bread for breakfast. Huh! I was so astonish, because we haven’t prepared, or tested it before. But do I have to say no?
Not at all, I asked if she can perfectly provide me with this Brazilian cheese bread recipe? But, not just yes” she can as well prepare it very well. After I tested it, I can practically tell you that this is one of the best Brazilian breads I have ever tested all my life, very very yummy.
So, this blog post is coming directly from my neice, Antônia” who happens to be a perfect chef of our time. Every single information provided here on how to make Pão de Queijo, was written by an experienced Brazil chef.
Now let’s kick off; according to my neice Antônia, there are several ways to make this Pão de Queijo. One method includes cooked potatoes. One method is sort of like a pâte a choux in which you cook the dough first.
The fastest, easiest, short-cut method is this one we explained here, (and the only way some of my Brazilian neice make it). You put the ingredients in a blender. Pour them out into a mini-muffin tin, and bake it.
Best Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe ( Pão de Queijo )
The recipe as presented is fairly basic. You’re free to dress it up a bit with herbs or spices of your choice.
Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread Ingredients:
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) tapicola flour
- 1/2 cup (packed, about 66 grams) grated cheese, your preference, we get good results with feta cheese (no need to grate), or fresh farmer’s cheese (if using fresh farmer’s cheese, you may want to add another 1/2 teaspoon of salt)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
NOTE: this mini-muffin helps alota whwn baking with eggs, to start with eggs at room temperature. If you don’t plan ahead, then, you can consider putting the egg in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to gently take off the chill of the fridge.
Special Equipment For Pão de Queijo
- One 24-well or two 12-well mini muffin tins. Mini muffin tins are about half the size of a regular muffin pan. The muffin openings are about 1-inch deep, and 1 3/4 inch wide at the top.
How To Make Brazilian Cheese Bread
1) The first step is to Pre-heat oven, prepare mini-muffin tin: Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread a little potion of olive oil around the insides of each well of a mini-muffin tin.
2) proceed to blending the ingredients: Add all of the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. You may need to use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well. At this point you can store the batter in the refrigerator for up to a week.
3 Pour into mini-muffin tin: Pour batter into prepared mini-muffin tin, not quite to the top; leave about 1/8 inch from the top.
4 Bake: Bake at 400°F in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and nicely browned. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few minutes.
Have you taken any action yet? If after reading this update on Best Brazilian Cheese Bread Recipe ( Pão de Queijo ), and you weren’t able to make it right” kindly inform us by reaching out to us through the comment section below.
Yet I haven’t told you that, this Brazilian cheese bread is very chewy, a lot like Japanese mochi. With no doubt, you will surely enjoy it.